I hope you all have a wonderful or peaceful night depending on your tastes. If I may be so bold I'd also like to suggest everyone make a reading resolution of some sort. Whether that be to try an author you've been meaning to, finish a series you started, or finally pick-up that book that has been sitting around on the shelves for 3 or more years. Below are my reading resolutions.
Next year I'm going to attempt to:
- Read more Science Fiction including some of the suggestions from commenters on this post.
- Read more short story collections and anthologies.
- Charles Stross's first two Laundry Files, because they sound so cool.
- The Red Wolf Conspiracy by Robert V.S. Redick, because the idea of a whole city on a ship intrigues me.
- The Steel Remains by Richard K. Morgan, because Morgan's Altered Carbon was so damn good.
- The Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson, because Warbreaker was so good.
- Shadow Falls by Simon R. Green, because it keeps getting mentioned in the Nightside series.
- The Fortress of Solitude by Jonathan Lethem, because I've heard it is brilliant.
- Inherent Vice by Thomas Pynchon, because I love the synopsis and my wife loved it.
- The City of Saints and Madmen by Jeff VandeerMeer, because I've had it forever and Finch sounds fantastic.