SEARCH

Subscribe

RSS Feed

Sub by Email

Twitter Me

INTERVIEWS

Peter Higgins, author of Wolfhound Century

Myke Cole, author of Shadow Ops Series

John Brown John, translator of the Zamonia Novels

Jim C. Hines author of Libriomancer

Nick Harkaway author of Angelmaker (review here)

Martha Wells author of The Cloud Roads

David Tallerman author of Giant Thief

Mazarkis Williams author of The Emperor's Knife

Rob Ziegler author of Seed

Steven Gould author of 7th Sigma

Douglas Hulick author of Among Thieves (review here)

Mark Charan Newton author of Nights of Villjamur (review here)

Kameron Hurley author of God's War (review here)

Brent Weeks author of The Black Prism (review here)

Anthony Huso author of The Last Page (review here)

Brandon Sanderson author of The Way of Kings (review here)

Lou Anders Editor of Pyr Books

Ian Tregillis author of Bitter Seeds (review here)

Sam Sykes author of Tome of the Undergates (review here)

Benjamin Parzybok author of Couch (review here)

Kristine Kathryn Rusch author of Diving Into the Wreck (review here)

Ken Scholes author of Lamentation

Cherie Priest author of Boneshaker (review here)

Lev Grossman author of The Magicians (review here)

Character Interviews

Alexia and Lord Maccon from Gail Carriger's Soulless

Lord Akeldama from Gail Carriger's Soulless

Eva Forge from Tim Akers's The Horns of Ruin

Atticus from Kevin Hearne's Hounded

RECENT REVIEWS

The Daylight War by Peter V. Brett

A Memory of Light by Robert Jordan & Brandon Sanderson

Scoundrels by Timothy Zahn

Cold Days by Jim Butcher

Year Zero by Rob Reid

Alif: The Unseen by G. Willow Wilson

Scourge of the Betrayer by Jeff Salyards

Redshirts by John Scalzi

Control Point by Myke Cole

Angelmaker by Nick Harkaway
My BlogCatalog BlogRank Wikio - Top Blogs - Literature

Cover Unveiled for Last Argument of Kings (Limited Edition)


Subterranean Press has just revealed the cover for Last Argument of Kings.  The art is again by Alexander Preuss who has been doing the cover for the series and some interior color plates.  This go around Sub Press decided to stay with the title font from the first book, which they eventually did on the second volume instead of playing with collector's hearts.  And this is the rare case of Sub Press sending something to print early rather than later as they tend to miss their announced release months regularly.  So instead of December hopefully I'll see my copy in late October or November and my shelves will look a little more complete.  Below are the covers first two releases in the limited edition runs.




You Might Also Like:
REVIEW | The Heroes by Joe Abercrombie
REVIEW | Best Served Cold by Joe Abercrombie

REVIEW | Swords & Dark Magic ed. by Jonathan Strahan & Lou Anders
NEWS | Joe Abercrombie's Red Country

5 comments:

Joel said...

I am still hopeful that I will one day receive the collector's edition of Perdido Street Station I ordered in August 2010. Also approaching a year on the limited Wind-up Girl.

Mad Hatter Review said...

Perdido has just been through the ringer, but that was mostly Night Shade's fault. I was torn on ordering the limited of Wind-up Girl. I do have a first printing though which is worth a pretty penny. I'm hoping to get Paolo to sign it at some point.

Nick said...

I thought I'd already ordered this edition, but can't seem to find a receipt or confirmation anywhere. I may have to email Bill and ask if an order has actually been placed in my name.

I have to say though, this series has been my biggest disappointment from SubPress. The title font is absolutely hideous and that orange on this final instalment is the icing on a truly terrible cake.

These will most certainly wind up on eBay as a matched set, because they don't belong on my shelf beside my gorgeous SubPress copies of Lynch, Morgan and Erikson.

Mad Hatter Review said...

They certainly aren't my favorite look for the series, but I like them better than the Chris McGrath versions in the UK. Really I just wanted good quality hardcovers to have for years so these fit the bill. SubPress still never disappoint me with quality.

Mad Hatter Review said...

Just ordered the SubPress version of The Lies of Locke Lamora from Scott Lynch directly. He is having a big sale that is worth checking out if you're a fan. http://scott-lynch.livejournal.com/267646.html