Christopher Golden will be editing a new anthology of zombie stories titled The New Dead to be published by St. Martins/Griffin. It looks to be a stellar line up of authors for the topic. Table of Contents:
- "Lazarus" by John Connolly
- "What Maisie Knew" by David Liss
- "Copper" by Stephen R. Bissette
- "In the Dust" by Tim Lebbon
- "Life Sentence" by Kelley Armstrong
- "Delice" by Holly Newstein
- "Closure, LTD" by Max Brooks
- "The Wind Cries Mary" by Brian Keene
- "Family Business" by Jonathan Maberry
- "The Zombie Who Fell From the Sky" by M.B. Homler
- "My Dolly" by Derek Nikitas
- "Second Wind" by Mike Carey
- "Among Us" by Aimee Bender
- "Ghost Trap" by Rick Hautala
- "The Storm Door" by Tad Williams
- "Kids and Their Toys" by James A. Moore
- "Shooting Pool" by Joe R. Landsdale
- "Weaponized" by David Wellington
- "Twittering from the Circus of the Dead" by Joe Hill
I'm definitely looking forward to the Max Brooks story as his World War Z was great fun. Also, Mike Carey’s (Felix Castor novels & comics) and Joe Hill's (Heart Shaped Box) stories should be a good treat. The Carey story is supposed to be centered on Nicky who is a character from the Felix Castor novels. The anthology should hit shelves in February 2010.
New Info: The Max Brooks story will be set in the world of World War Z and Subterranean Press will also be doing a limited edition version.
Related Review: The Map of Moments by Christopher Golden & Tim Lebbon.