SEARCH

Subscribe

RSS Feed

Sub by Email

Twitter Me

INTERVIEWS

Peter Higgins, author of Wolfhound Century

Myke Cole, author of Shadow Ops Series

John Brown John, translator of the Zamonia Novels

Jim C. Hines author of Libriomancer

Nick Harkaway author of Angelmaker (review here)

Martha Wells author of The Cloud Roads

David Tallerman author of Giant Thief

Mazarkis Williams author of The Emperor's Knife

Rob Ziegler author of Seed

Steven Gould author of 7th Sigma

Douglas Hulick author of Among Thieves (review here)

Mark Charan Newton author of Nights of Villjamur (review here)

Kameron Hurley author of God's War (review here)

Brent Weeks author of The Black Prism (review here)

Anthony Huso author of The Last Page (review here)

Brandon Sanderson author of The Way of Kings (review here)

Lou Anders Editor of Pyr Books

Ian Tregillis author of Bitter Seeds (review here)

Sam Sykes author of Tome of the Undergates (review here)

Benjamin Parzybok author of Couch (review here)

Kristine Kathryn Rusch author of Diving Into the Wreck (review here)

Ken Scholes author of Lamentation

Cherie Priest author of Boneshaker (review here)

Lev Grossman author of The Magicians (review here)

Character Interviews

Alexia and Lord Maccon from Gail Carriger's Soulless

Lord Akeldama from Gail Carriger's Soulless

Eva Forge from Tim Akers's The Horns of Ruin

Atticus from Kevin Hearne's Hounded

RECENT REVIEWS

The Daylight War by Peter V. Brett

A Memory of Light by Robert Jordan & Brandon Sanderson

Scoundrels by Timothy Zahn

Cold Days by Jim Butcher

Year Zero by Rob Reid

Alif: The Unseen by G. Willow Wilson

Scourge of the Betrayer by Jeff Salyards

Redshirts by John Scalzi

Control Point by Myke Cole

Angelmaker by Nick Harkaway
My BlogCatalog BlogRank Wikio - Top Blogs - Literature

Happy Blog-o-versary! & Giveaway

I knew the one year anniversary for Mad Hatter's Bookshelf was coming up, but I nearly forgot now that it is here. It was a year ago today that my first review went up and now with more than 170 posts, 80 book reviews, a dozen interviews, which includes one going up later today with Neal Asher, it looks like I'll be continuing on for the foreseeable future. I like to think this blog has come a long way since that review and has gained a good following in so short a time.  One of my goals when I started was to keep this a regularly updated site and even though it has been a struggle at times I've kept it up.  My run of at least one book review a week stands even though there have been some close calls.   My writing has improved, which was another goal although this is always a work in progress.  But ultimately my wanting to spread the love of all the books I read beyond my small circle of friends seems to be working out as well. And I've had loads of good discussions with many of you for which I want to thank you all for with a special shout out to my wife who nudged me along the whole way.

To thank my loyal and new readers I'm giving away an ARC of Ares Express by Ian McDonald and one mystery book. A second place winner will also be chosen for a mystery book. To enter send an email to madhatterreview (AT) gmail (dot) com with your full name and snail mail address and "BLOGOVERSARY" in the subject line. Also, include whether you are more of a Sci-Fi, Fantasy, or Urban Fantasy fan, which I'll use to give the winners a list of books from my vast library to choose from for the mystery book. These could end up being almost anything. The deadline is midnight April 21st. I'll announce the winner on the following day or as soon as I remember. This contest is open to the people of the United States only. If you send multiple entries you will be disqualified from the contest.

8 comments:

Bryce L. said...

Congrats! Keep up the good work.

FICTION STATE OF MIND said...

congrats! love your blog I'm glad book chick city posted a link to you :)

David Wagner said...

Good work on keeping a great blog going! I know from experience how hard that is...

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Going strong.

Anonymous said...

It's definitely been an evolution and it's just getting better & better. Okay I might be a wee bit biased.

Love you,
Lore

ediFanoB said...

Congratulations! One year seems for me an eternity because I started my blog just 12 days ago!

Keep up the good work.

The Mad Hatter said...

Thank you to all!

Term Papers said...

congratulations .... your blog is too fine .keep it up buddy .